Monday, January 12, 2009

Top That!

Blogging is hard, people! You have to not only sit down to actually write the thing, but you have to come up with an idea that (1) you can write about and (2) that people (Nilda & "anonymous" Matt) won't label boring. So I took a break for a little while, ok? If you don't like it, you can s my d:
  • The Eagles have made it to the NFC Championship game. This was considered an impossible long shot the last time I blogged. In fact, some are saying that of the four teams left, the Eagles have the best shot to win the Superbowl. This is truly a wonderful moment.
  • I'm predicting an Eagles-Steelers Superbowl (with the Eagles winning), and I'm not alone.
  • Giants fans hate the Eagles more than Eagles fans hate the Giants. Yes, you'll find examples of angry Eagles fans, but Giants fans aren't happy unless the Eagles lose. My walking around the office whispering "Eagles!" to all the Giants fans probably hasn't helped.
  • 30 Rock proved its brilliance once again by having Kenneth perform the "Top That" rap from the crappy 90's movie "Teen Witch." I thought only Andrew and I knew that, and by "knew that" I mean remember the lyrics to this day and repeat them often.
  • Before you die, go to Katz's Deli for pastrami after a night of heavy drinking.
  • Everyone please watch Friday Night Lights. You will not regret it.
  • The countdown to Operation Brian Gets An Xbox has officially begun. I want Madden, Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero and Command & Conquer. It's just a matter of time, now.
  • Congress is considering a law to overturn the Supreme Court's decision in Ledbetter, which I've blogged about before. This would increase the statute of limitations for employees complaining about discrimination. One Republican said, "Trial lawyers, you can be sure, are salivating at this very prospect." Dude, you have no idea.
  • Nilda's started looking at sofas. I am...totally...screwed.
  • I'm hot. And you're not. But if you want to hang with me, I will give it one shot. Top that!
  • Hey look, I wrote a blog! Top that!

6 comments:

DorothyMantooth said...

Cat sound.

tom mattback said...

Sort my drycleaning? Sweeten my decaf? Settle my debts?

Mary said...

"Cat sound" is our new favorite thing.

Jen Simon said...

ohhhhhh....i'll be watching FNL alright...

http://nymag.com/arts/tv/features/53325/

70MPH70 said...

I remember having a crush on the Teen Witch and that rap made no impression on me at all. And that makes me sad.

After watching the clip, those beats remind me of one the greatest rappers of all time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUBdVtvEgQc

DorothyMantooth said...

Cat sound is the greatest thing ever!
(Either closely followed by or closely preceded by this.