Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Brian Joins A Gym

Because the world needs to know. If I was going to do it, I had to do it before the end of the month. Nothing motivates me to work out like saving an initiation fee.

I get there and have to wait for the obligatory information session & tour, a process I absolutely despise. Maybe I'm alone on this, but I hate being the douche bag in pleated pants being guided around. We can skip the spinning room, please. It doesn't matter that I make it crystal clear that I have no interest in a personal trainer, I still have to be introduced to the head personal trainer. Nice to meet you, Floyd. They asked me what my "goals" were. I told them that I had already met my primary goal just by being there.

I've never known what would lead a person to being the one who shows people around. Then I met "Zach," a 22-year-old who likes to share too much. He's the Assistant (to the) Manager and just moved from Miami to New York three weeks ago for this job. He knows the elementary school Andrew and I went to and his family belonged to the same synagogue my family belonged to (Beth Shalom now Beth Shira). He still has a girlfriend in Gainesville, but they're both young and they understand where they are. His mother is a mediation judge of some sort and his father is an attorney, so he feels pushed to go into law. He wants to be a sports agent and thinks that going to law school will somehow help with that. Law school's a dead end, Zach.

Finally, I'm allowed to work out, but by now I only have a little bit of time before my first priority, getting home to watch Los--be with Nilda. I soon realize that based on my speed on the treadmill, I'm running a 10 minute mile. It would therefore take me approximately 26 hours to run a marathon. I clearly do not have the time to run a marathon.

My plan was that going to the gym would somehow make me want to keep going to the gym, and I think it worked. As you can tell, all of this proves that I am clearly better than Andrew.

11 comments:

DorothyMantooth said...

"'m running a 10 minute mile. It would therefore take me approximately 26 hours to run a marathon."

Thus proving the point that lawyers can't do math! Good on ya, Boy Wonder!

Incidentally, I know you're just trying to make Jer & me feel even worse about what fatasses we are when we go on our next vacation! (Which is coming soon, yes?) So... bastard!
;-)

TheMediaDude said...

I got home from work and got mini-drunk on a strong gin & tonic. If being worse than Brian feels this good, I don't wanna be better!

DorothyMantooth said...

More importantly, are we gonna have a post about the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act? 'Cause I think we should have a post about the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act!

Boywonderesq said...

Irene, you are mistaken. You take the 10-minute mile, then add in rests, naps, happy hour and xbox time, and clearly, I would never be able to complete a marathon in less than 26 hours.

And do you really want a blog on Lily Ledbetter? Because I can't think of a funny spin on it. I'd rather do one on why the woman who was "too ghetto" for the Tropic Zone is a terrible case.

TheMediaDude said...

Don't worry about it being funny. do the Ledbetter post.

Boywonderesq said...

Ok, but here's the thing. I have no idea what the law actually says. The articles only say that it "reversed" Ledbetter, but make no metion of what that means or how the law would be applied. I'll read it and let you know.

DorothyMantooth said...

Yes! I'm with the Older Twin on this one. This is An Important Occasion brought to us by Our Important President. It doesn't have to be funny. I'm cereal!

But also include your thoughts on Ghetto Faboolis. 'Cause that was funnier than hell!

Also, are you just planning on stopping in your apartment during the marathon for your nap & xbox? Or are we talking one of these jobs? 'Cause that might chafe!

Also also, when do you want us over on Sunday?!

Anonymous said...

Irene, 5pm or anytime after (but before kickoff) is perfect.

Don't Be So Dramatical said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Don't Be So Dramatical said...

Mazel tov, Fat Boy.

xoxo VERY Fat Girl who is VERY pregnant with your nephew and still VERY creeped out that he is genetically your child too!

DorothyMantooth said...

Aw, man! Deleted comments?!
And here I thought I stalked the site so often that I would never miss anything. Booo!

(Nil, can't wait! We'll plan for 6:00 or something, then, I guess. Thanks again for having us!)