Tuesday, January 13, 2009

How To Crack A Master Lock

Part of me says it's time to go back to the gym. The other part of me says "Whoa whoa whoa whoa, mister! Aren't you getting an xbox? Do you really want to commit to going to the gym right before Operation Brian's Xbox just gets under way? Really, you're just being selfish at this point." Though the debate rages on, I've decided to bring my stuff to work. The problem is that I forgot my combo to my lock. If I was smart, I'd take that as a sign.

Master lock will only send you the combo if you submit a formal, notarized request, with proof that the lock is not attached to anything. And if you're a prisoner, the request needs to be submitted on the prison's letterhead.

Here's a video showing some geek mathalete with way too much time demonstrating how to limit the possible combinations from 64,000 to just 100 options, which, if you can stand to watch the whole video, you will never, ever do:



Lesson of the day: send yourself an email with the combo to the new lock you're going to have to buy and move it to saved mail. Duh.

2 comments:

Don't Be So Dramatical said...

Clearly this is a sign that you should NOT go to the gym!

DorothyMantooth said...

Uh oh. Is this a sign that y'all are getting ready for the next vacation we have to start planning?