Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Rolling Over

Charlie rolled over for the first time today and there is much excitement in the house!  We've been on the lookout for when he'd roll over, and now that it's here, Nilda can't contain herself.  Here is a video that Nilda took.  It's only 10 seconds long and the audio is low, but Nilda's high pitched excitement, and Charlie's inability to understand what all the fuss is about, tells you all you need to know.  Charlie's expectation of reward for minimal work begins now!

Now we can look forward to hearing him wake up throughout the night to practice his new skill, only to be stuck on his back like a turtle and waiting for someone to (a) squeal and scream because he rolled over like a puppy and (b) put him back on his stomach so he can get back to sleep.  Charlie's five months old now and sick of pictures.
Unless, of course, he's in the mood to pose.  Just like his mommy!
The case that was supposed to go to trial settled just days before, so now I don't have to be an absentee father for the next two weeks!  That's good because Charlie is in the stage where he's super excited to see me when I come home at night, which lasts about 20 minutes until he realizes he's tired.  I swear, this kid sleeps more than any human being should sleep.
We had a great weekend even though I was out of the house by 8:00 am on Sunday morning  Man, my life has changed.  We went to the Native American festival in Inwood Hill Park.  Apparently, Native Americans have been living in Inwood since prehistoric times and Inwood was where the Europeans bought Manhattan for $25.  This meant you could finally get that wolf sweatshirt that you always wanted.  They also had traditional Native American foods like tamales, empanadas, samosas, saag paneer and Sprite. They also had corn.  Corn is Native American, right?
Charlie also got to try out his new flexible bath tub.  He was very suspicious, grabbing onto the sides of the tub like he didn't trust us for putting him in this new contraption. 
I thought about writing a self-reflective post about how I know the blog has become just a series of pictures about Charlie, which is more of a web-based journal for me than a blog for anyone else to read.  Instead, I decided to post pictures of the amazing steak that I made this weekend.  We found a Italian butcher near us that cuts aged steak to order and we got a gigantic rib eye that was amazing.  It was a little more medium than I would have wanted, but I burned the shit out of it on the outside so that more than made up for it. 

No comments: