Thursday, November 3, 2011

Responding To The Fans

As you can expect, I receive a myriad of letters on a daily basis from the many, many followers of this blog. I recently received one such piece of fan mail from our friend Yael at the infinitely better than my blog theyaelchronicles.wordpress.com, who unceremoniously abandoned us to move to London with her husband, or something. As an honor, I have decided to respond to her email on the site. She even used a bullet format, and bullets make like easier since you don't have to worry about transitions or paragraphs or ending sentences or

So I just caught up on your blog and have the following comments:

Thanks for being a loyal, daily reader. It's good to hear that my constant posts are appreciated.

* you were right to get the bathtub because although the flexibath is awesome (I had one before the US ever got them, SUCKAS), it is only for a baby once they can sit on their own. so if you still need an infant tub that doesn't fold, you still need the bathtub that was your genius idea

Nilda says that we still could have gotten the stand up shower, because once the kid is old enough to not need the tub, he can take showers. But what's the fun in that? You can't float toys around or stick foam letters on the walls. And I am very much looking forward to getting the kid wash-off paint because I remember getting that for my birthday one year and it was amazing!! Granted, I was only like 15, but I can still remember how fun that was. And yes, it's very exciting that England had collapsible baby tubs before the US did. You'd think England would have had a heads up on toothbrushes, but that didn't work out. Although they do have much better chocolates, so maybe that makes more sense.

* c-sections should be avoided but not necessarily because the recovery time is longer. I rebounded very quickly from both, in fact I only stayed one night in the hospital on my second.

This was very interesting and reassuring to hear and I'm glad you recovered. Yup, that's all I have to say about that. Next!

Here are my friends though with vaginal births who had horrible recovery times:
o the one who broke her pelvis during labor
o the one who had a third degree tear and stitches to match
o the one who wouldn't stop bleeding and was in the hospital for over a week
o the one whose baby surprised the midwife by coming out feet first and well, i won't discuss the rest
o the ones who, years later, still don't have the same feeling during sex (sorry)

Okay, not really sure where this is going and not sure how I'm feeling about it. I'm especially confused about whether I want to hear more about the "still don't have the same feeling during sex" friend. But the feet first story sounds interesting.

* Nilda did a great job on baby's room. It is adorable. But the window made me laugh outloud. NYC! Baby looks at an air conditioner. NYC!

Thank you, I love the baby's room. Though I still think the Eagles carpet was the right way to go. Blue and green match, right?

* You're still hilarious. Bryan agreed the other day when he saw something you wrote on facebook.

I write a lot of horrible things on facebook. I'm going to gather all of my status updates and publish them in a book called, "Status Updates of a Dick."

* You're probably still a d*** though.

Yes, I'm still the lovable guy who loves to meet new people. Being a dick is part of my charm, like with Oscar the Grouch.

* You should submit the cake photo to http://www.cakewrecks.com/ for its archives

This particular site is not on my daily regimen of gossip sites, but Yael was kind enough to share a particularly appropriate excerpt. Yael should write a blog post of websites that I should check out. I'd upload a picture, but I'm a very private person and I'm not sure I want to share such personal information on the internet. I may have to get Congressional approval some day.

Hope work is great.

Thanks, Yael. We still miss you at the office. You will always be the one who told me that its "for all intents and purposes," not "for all intensives purposes."

1 comment:

for all intents and purposes said...

Omg, it's a week later and I am just seeing this. I guess it is proven how loyal I am to your blog. Also, you never don't get comments. (Yes, I meant the double negative.) And this had no comments! Your people love me...