Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Happy Birthday, Dad

We threw my Dad a surprise 70th birthday party this weekend and he was totally surprised. We didn't tell my mom, since she can't keep a secret, but then she found out through a cousin and refused to tell any of us that she knew. Turns out my Mom is only motivated to keep a secret when she's out to prove she can keep a secret. Andrew and I gave a speech of "Stuff Our Dad Says" and since you all know my Dad, a few quotes will be quite meaningful. Here's the tribute to Jeff:

Stuff Our Dad Says:
  • I get along with the grandkids because we have a common enemy.
  • I don't have a problem with time. Phyllis does.
  • Do you know who the largest purchaser of jalapeƱo peppers is? Morton
    Salt (for the hot salt).
  • Sushi is good when it’s cooked right.
  • You know what? You know what? You know what? I don’t want to hear it.
  • I’m Poppop. I don’t say no.
  • You know what relative humidity is, don’t you?
  • Who are those M&Ms for?
  • Some days I wake up grumpy. Some days I let her sleep.
  • I don’t care if you’re 40, you’re still at the kids table. If you’re an adult, you
    don’t get presents.
  • Best joke ever = a man says to his wife, “I want to have sex with you in the
    worst way.” She says back, “You mean standing up in a hammock?”
  • You’ll be old enough to use the chain saw when I’m dead.
  • Driving two houses down the block to Caryn and Forrest's. Better set the
    GPS.
  • Wow, I really fell asleep there!
  • Someone forgot to order the General Tso’s mild. Oooh!! Hot!!
  • I am enjoying my kid’s inheritance now.
  • When I get to the nursing home, all I ask for is a room next to Phyllis.
  • I drive at night. I have my own teeth. I still have hair. I’m a catch!

  • Things Dad Would Never Say
    :
  • This is the best bacon I’ve ever tasted.
  • Just throw it anywhere in the refrigerator. It doesn’t matter how well it’s all
    organized or if anyone can find anything.
  • Take your time, Phyllis. We can be a little late.
  • Sure, I’ll have another beer.
  • I can’t wait to get to the beach.
  • We don’t need navigation. We can always stop and ask for directions.

    Happy birthday, Dad. I'd tell you I love you, but we don't do that. You are a catch!

  • 3 comments:

    DorothyMantooth said...

    Okay, "sushi is good when it's cooked right" is pretty darn inspired! What did you get him??

    The daughter-in-law said...

    A surprise party for 70 people! LOL

    DorothyMantooth said...

    That's a pretty darn good gift!