Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Glasses

I don't trust my eye doctor. Ever since I had the Lasik done in 2006, I knew my prescription wasn't as strong as it should be and it's been a constant reason for my bitching. Ask Nilda. In November, he tells me that my vision is fine, only -.25 and-.50, and I know he's full of shit. I go to the expert 24-year-old eye doctor at the exclusive Cohen's Fashion Optical who tells me that I am -1.0 in both eyes. Finally, someone who understands.

I have the glasses and now I'm afraid I won't be able to stop wearing them. I didn't realize how bad my eyes were, or how much I was missing. I never felt like the tv we bought in 2008 was as crystal clear as it should be. Now, I think it's amazing. Blu-ray means something. But God do I still hate the fucking glasses. At least I don't need to wear them all the time.

Buying glasses again was a throw back. I couldn't believe how many brands of eyeglasses they had. Even Randy Jackson of American Idol has a line, which is ridiculous. I picked out a frame that says "Zyloware" on the left temple and I'm good to go. Only when I pick them up the next day do I look at the right temple, which says, "Randy Jackson." I now bear the shame of having Randy Jackson glasses.

WHAT UP, DAWG??

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You made me laugh out loud several times with this post, B.W.

DorothyMantooth said...

Those glasses are a little pitchy, Dawg. (Also, I thought the Lasik was supposed to give you "adjustments" as needed?)

beep beep said...

I cannot believe this travesty. I have been waiting for years to get Lasik and everyone swears up and down it is g-d's gift and now look (no pun intended).