Monday, October 11, 2010

Another Stupid Post About Stupid Painting

As both of you may remember, we painted the foyer last July. Here's the before:


It's been 15 months, so that means it's time to paint again. I'm actually surprised I was able to hold off Nilda for this long. As soon as we were done painting the first time, Nilda was complaining that the color could be darker. Right away, I knew I was screwed.

Painting is just as bad as you remember it. 10 minutes into it, Nilda declared that this is the last time we will ever be painting the foyer. This may not be the last time the foyer will be painted, she clarified, but not by us. At least we had enough beer.

Luckily, we're still married. Let's just say I don't have the attention to detail that Nilda possesses. In fact, my attention to detail is quite different from last year. I used to be concerned that the trim was pristine and had a clean lines. Now, I don't give a fuck. If you see spots that can be touched up, stop looking at them. Go away. Don't even look at the wall.

I now appreciate Coldplay's Viva La Vida. I never really liked it before, but then I heard Weezer's version.

1 comment:

DorothyMantooth said...

Can't wait to see it LIVE!