Monday, July 13, 2009

Stop Bugging Me About Blogging, Matt

The contractor finishes this week and thank God. The bathroom is finally, finally done. Sort of. We still need to get the tub faucet put in but who cares about details like that when you have baseboards.

All this time and work, and my favorite part is the $4 soap tray we got at Home Depot. Go figure.


Here's the kitchen on the night before the countertops are installed. Which is tomorrow. I suppose I could have just said that the countertops are being installed, but that's not a very dramatic way to introduce a picture, now is it?

The best part about today is that Jose The Awesome Contractor installed the saddle going into the kitchen. That's right, that "piece of wood thingie" is actually called a saddle. Btw, I had lunch with Jose and he put about half a bottle of hot sauce on his beef and broccoli. It was amazing and he really set the bar high. He's my new hero.

We've also decided to remove the old intercom plate, which no longer worked and was replaced by the "new" intercom, which appears to have been installed in 1977. The definition of "new" is flexible in a pre-war art deco building. This picture's for Dad, whose the only person I know who'd be interested.

I know I owe you a light fixture post, but here's a pic of one of the sconces. Nilda luuuuuvs the sconces.


The bad news is that after all this, we still have to paint the foyer. I don't know how she did it, but Nilda has somehow, against all logic, instinct and reason, convinced me to agree to paint it ourselves. This is gonna suck!

3 comments:

your wife said...

all I had to do was show you our checking account, that was all the convincing you needed... ;-)~

DorothyMantooth said...

That sconce is gorge, the bathroom and kitchen (what IS that wall fixture?! It's fabulous!) are looking aMAYzing!

Also, the tile work in your shower is way cooler than your stupid soap dish, dummy. Thanks to Nilda, fo' sho...

And for the LOVE OF G-D, you supposedly literate person! Who's! "Who IS the only person I know who'd be interested."
Siiiiigh.

the wife said...

Wait 'til you get a look at the bathroom FLOOR tile, Irene, it's to die for! lol

The colorful high gloss art piece in the kitchen was a Harley & Nilda at Home Goods find (it deftly hides our circuit box). ;-)