Thursday, April 16, 2009

My First Call To Andrew's New Job

I went over Andrew's place last night after work. On the way to his place, I called his new work for the first time to see if he was there. He does not have voicemail and someone picked up. I knew exactly what would happen the moment she heard my voice. Here's a transcript of that phone call:

"Hello (nice, British accent lady)."

"Hi... Is Andrew Heller there?"

"Nooo, I'm sorry, he's just stepped out."

"Ok... This is his brother Brian..." (wait for it).

"OHH!! I was about to say, isn't this Andrew? Are you sure you're not Andrew!"

"No, this is his brother."

"OH MY GOD!!! YOU SOUND JUST LIKE HIM!!! That's incredible!!"

"Yeah, that's what Mom says."

"OH MY GOD!!! That is amazing. You sound JUST LIKE HIM!!!"

"Yeah, that's what they tell me..."

"I can't believe this! I'm going to need to put you on speakerphone, so that everyone can hear."

"Ok..." (speakerphone didn't work out, but she tried)

"All right, I'll jut call his cell. Thanks."

"Ok, well you are definitely going to have to stop by so we can get a look at you. Wow, that is amaaazing!"

I never get annoyed when people who know only Andrew get weirded out by me, since I know how weird twins are. Then I finally got to Andrew's house and me the new babysitter Julie for the first time. She looked at me strangely and said, "Oh my God! I've seen identical twins before, but you guys are really identical!"

4 comments:

your wife said...

it's amazing to me that people think you're hard to tell apart - you look so different. on the phone, well, that's another story.

craigslist "office manager" said...

I think you guys look very different. But whatevs. We all have woes. I am still called Harvard by every hilarious new person I meet.

DorothyMantooth said...

Jebus! Has no one ever seen a nose job before?!

Ahhhh, I slay me!

Jen Simon said...

i wish you were triplets and i was the 3rd.