Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Burden Of Blogging Presses Upon Me At All Times

Yesterday, I had this great idea while walking outside for a post called "Live Blogging The Internal Monologue." I was going to have a rant of bullets like, "Is ER still on tv?" "I'm glad its Saturday," "I'll never not be into Phish," "Is it just me or is Lost really good again?," "Seaman and Dyckman (streets in Inwood)...hehehe," and the ever controversial, "I think they've made daylight savings time start too early because, among other things, (a) just when it starts getting light when I wake up, I suddenly have to deal with waking up in darkness and (b) I no longer get that sudden change where it's both warmer and lighter out after work." It was a good idea, but then I sobered up and it lost its charm.

Nilda and I checked out the beer distributor at 207th Street and the river today. It was heaven. Imagine a gigantic warehouse filled with not just beers from all over the world, but anything you can imagine. You want Strawberry Sunkist? They got it. They even have a room stocked with Sunny D, if you're into that kind of thing. Needless to say, Brian was very excited:
They even have every kind of Boone's you could hope for:
We picked up a six-pack of Leffe Blonde and a ceramic growler of Belgian porter, because you just can't walk out empty-handed. Then we took a look at the East River. Nilda, would you please model the river for us?

Thank you, sweetheart, that was wonderful. And happy 23-month anniversary. I'm getting you a case of Yoohoo.

2 comments:

DorothyMantooth said...

Good call! Pretty sure 23 months is the Yoohooversary.

your lucky wife said...

Feliz aniversario! Thanks for a wonderful bottomless mimosa brunch and beer-filled anniversary Sunday.
And, you can keep the Yoohoo, I'll just take the new apartment. Besito!