Saturday, February 28, 2009

Saturday Night Thoughts

  • I'm back from Florida, and yes, I'm stealing this idea from Andrew.
  • Florida was good, but I was working so much I didn't get a chance to do anything fun. Still, it's always nice to wake up where it's 22 degrees, and then go where it's 75 degrees.
  • I had to drag down all our exhibits and supplies for the deposition, which made my innocent-looking suitcase incredibly heavy. I just barely avoided having to pay a fee.

  • I bought an iced coffee at Dunkin Donuts on the way down. You can only get the gigantor size straws.

  • We were in Boca Raton the whole time, which is incredibly boring. There's nothing but cars and flat strip malls, and you can't see any people. It reminded me a lot of Michigan, but warmer.
  • My view from my ground floor room at the Holiday Inn Express was fantastic.

  • We had dinner at Chili's one night. I hadn't been to a Chili's in years and was very excited to go. But it wasn't the same, more corporate and generic, like an Applebee's. I'm afraid I'm starting to dislike the chains. Or maybe I just wasn't drunk enough.
  • I used to think traveling for work would be fun, but all I wanted to do was get home to Nilda.
  • I missed watching Obama's speech and only learned about it from tv. Apparently, I don't like Bobby Jindal.
  • This is too soon to talk about, but Nilda and I may possibly-hopefully-we'll see be working on buying an apartment. Until I'm allowed to talk more about it, just know that we're not allowed to spend any money.
  • I can't wait to see what my new nephew will look like. I had a dream that he was a little salamander who kept jumping out of his carriage and I had to go chase him. I had to be careful catching him because I didn't want to rip his arm off or something. I woke up freaked out.
  • I've been making ice cream again. Two weeks ago I made a vanilla bean ice cream with raisins soaked in Pedro Ximenez sherry wine, tonight I'm making chocolate mousse ice cream with toasted almonds. For just a few dollars more, I can make ice cream that's almost as good as the old Breyer's vanilla.
  • I'm still upset Andy Reid traded Brian Dawkins. I know his age, but he was the leader of the team and the best player they had. The good thing about Dawkins is that no matter who he's playing for, he'll always be loved by Phila, like Reggie White and Ron Hextall. I've made up my mind, I'm keeping my jersey.

2 comments:

DorothyMantooth said...

TOTALLY keep the jersey.

Also, apartment or no apartment, we're still going out to fancy dinners. I mean, ya gotta eat!

Anonymous said...

ha ha don't worry, Irene, we're not taking on a million dollar mortgage, we'll be eating out again soon! ;-)