Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Happy Birthday!!

Charlie turned one year old on Saturday and I still can't get over it.  Here are the obligatory pictures outlining his progression, from the first moments after his birth to the 20 minutes that we desperately spent trying to get a goddamn picture of him with the 12 month sticker on. 

Nilda had a baby shower on the Saturday of his actual birthday, so Charlie and I got to hang out, just us guys.  I learned that Charlie likes salami and eggs just as much as I do, which is further proof that he's a Heller.  I spent most of the day trying to get a good picture of him to post on facebook.  Unfortunately, my little perfect picture taker has been replaced by a little shit that wants to take the phone.  I did manage to get a good video of Charlie crawling all over the library like he owns the place.  (Note to Julie: there's a video here). 

On Sunday, we had Charlie's first birthday party at a school auditorium near our house.  It was the big Hispanic first birthday party that Nilda had always promised me, with lots of home cooked food, booze and a DJ.  Nilda did a wonderful job putting together a great Sesame Street themed birthday party.  I'd post the pictures I took of the place, but my camera got milk in it on the way over there (long story) and was useless.  Here are some pictures that people were good enough to send to me.
Charlie had a ball, though he had no clue what the fuss was about.  He was crawling all over the place and seeing everyone, until he crashed. 
Charlie says he's old enough to drive now, but I'm still not sure. 
Happy birthday, baby boy.  I love you more than I ever thought possible.

No comments: