Thursday, June 21, 2012

6 Months

I know I haven't posted in a while and I skipped right over Father's Day.   Downton Abbey is just that good. 
  • Charlie had his 6-month check up and is doing great.  He's in the 50th percentile for length and weight, but of course, his head size is still above average.  
  • Charlie is a big hit at the playground.  And he loves the sprinklers. He also sweats a lot. Charlie hates the heat and especially hates the hot subway.  Just like Mommy!
  • The most unexpected part of being a father is the auditory hallucinations.  I hear this kid crying even when he's not making a sound.
  • Nilda and I went out for dinner and a movie without Charlie and it was amazing.  Although we were in bed by 10:30, which proves we're still lame.
  • Prometheus started out great but got really weird.  Here's a long article on the background of the Alien franchise.  Yes, I realize that only Andrew will read it.  Here's another article describing the business of the Mexican drug cartels, comparing them to Netflix and Facebook.  
  • I love season finale season.  Girls was a surprisingly good show that got better as the season went on.
  • The Pizza Tour went to Keste and I had a life-changing pizza moment, second only to the first time I had the square at Difara's.  The pistachio-pesto sausage pie is actually better than it sounds.   
  • The interns at work are getting stupider by the day.  They are all amazed that I know the keyboard shortcuts for Wordperfect, like it's some magical secret they're not allowed to know.  This is what happens when you have a generation of kids that never played video games using the z an x keys to move.  It's like they never played Track and Field.   
  • One kid's jaw dropped when I told him that when I played Where In the World Is Carmen Sandiego, I had to flip the 5" floppy disk to load the whole game on my Apple II.
  • Phish is on tour, which means I'm on twitter again.  But I don't actually write anything because there's too much pressure to put something clever after the hashtag.  #uuuuhhhhh
Charlie turned 6 months old last Friday and I took a shit load of pictures.  Nilda posted a mere seven of them on facebook, but I'll only put three here.  
 Charlie's 6-month shirts no longer fit over his gigantic head.
Charlie and I wore matching shirts on father's day and it was embarrassing for everyone.  
But not as much as this.  I'm sorry, 15-year-old Charlie. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The kid is adorable. Tell him that it's enough already. Save some cuteness for when his ears and nose grow at 13.

I read the Aliens article (boring!) but came across this video about a group of Italians that were working on a film version of Dune in 1975.

http://www.duneinfo.com/unseen/jodorowsky/

Orson Wells was going to play the Baron. The guy who drew the Aliens was going to design the sets. Pink Floyd was going to write the music. Dali was going to be the Emperor. It sounds too good to be true - and it was.

Unknown said...

The kid is so completely adorable! Too bad we'll probably never see him in person. (Sigh.)