Thursday, August 12, 2010

Brian Wants A Car...NOW!

  • I've decided that I want a car. And I want it now. NOW, Nilda!
  • We rented a car for the weekend and drove to Philly. We only had traffic where the NJ turnpike merges, and putting that aside, it was glorious. I want a car. I don't want to take New Jersey Transit anymore.
  • I'm in the bargaining stage. I will forgo the tv in the bedroom to get it. And if the Verizon iphone doesn't come out in January 2011, like the rumors say, I might even consider getting a Droid, so that Nilda and I are on the same plan. I'm a giver.
  • We're looking at the Mazda 3. We were originally thinking about a Porche, but the Mazda 3 has a bigger back seat. We're practical.
  • Congratulations to Matt for making partner! I guess they set the bar low in Minnesota. Jus' keeding! Welcome to the wonderful world of the non-equity partner. No one knows what that is, but it basically means you have less authority than you should have.
  • Years ago, I got an Eagles mastercard because it's awesome. Now the card is expiring and I have a ton of points that can only be redeemed at the NFL store by the end of the month. So in addition to learning that getting an Eagles card was a horrible waste of credit card rewards, I've got a ton of Eagles gear. Check it out:
  • Needing to replace my McNabb jersey, I got a Kevin Kolb jersey. Yes, a bold move, but it feels right.
  • Nilda got a white DeSean Jackson jersey, and she's SO EXCITED!! Nilda loves football.
  • Phish concert on Wednesday night at Jones Beach. Andrew and I are renting a car to get out there. If only I had a car of my own...

3 comments:

the wife said...

that's right people, we are on different cell plans (no family plan for us!) because Brian needed the iphone/AT&T and I refuse to leave Verizon after 10 years of excellent service. Yes, we're the morons who spend over $200/month on separate cell phones plans.

DorothyMantooth said...

DeSean jersey!! We're twinsies, Nil!!

Also, you don't need a car, you crazy person!

Jen Simon said...

DeSean Jackson came from CAL!! go bears!!!!!!!