Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Yup, It's A Blog

  • I need to clean up the links you see to the right. I'm starting by deleting links to blogs that have been abandoned. I'm looking at you, Mary.
  • We've started watching The Wire. We're giving it a shot.
  • I'm dying to read the new book about the 2008 election, Game Change. And man, I need it. Politics have been boring since George Bush left office. I never thought I'd say this, but I miss George Bush.
  • I've seen a lot of blogs recently (including mine) talking about how they're going to try to do better to keep up blogging. At first I thought that meant that blogging is dying. Now I just think that it's in a lull and will come back when something interesting happens. As much as the news is on a 24 hour cycle, there seems to be an overarching 6 month cycle on top of it.
  • Our federal trial scheduled to start on January 19 got pushed back to February 9. The judge told us that there are five criminal trials and five civil trials set to start that day. The criminal trials get priority and the judge did not believe that there would be enough jurors for our trial. FYI - trial season has begun. We've got four scheduled for the upcoming months.
  • The Eagles lost the Cowboys this weekend and it was depressing. This is the reason why I hate George Bush (for those of you who don't know, this is Bush with the owner of the Cowboys):

3 comments:

70MPH70 said...

Glad you are watching the Wire. Watch it with the English subtitles turned on so that you do not miss anything. It is well worth it!

Blogging is thankless. I definitely get into grooves with it and then hate even having it up at times. Keep up the good work, Boywonderesq.

Mary said...

Yup, I've abandoned the blog. Maybe one day I'll get it going again. Maybe not. It was just another thing I felt guilty about not keeping up with. I don't need any more guilt. I'm Catholic with a Jewish mother-in-law. I have all the guilt I can handle.

DorothyMantooth said...

You're welcome! re: The Wire.

(Also, I fully agree with Jeff that you should watch with subtitles. Up until, like, 3 episodes into it, I definitely would have appreciated those!)

Also also! PLEASE blog about how much you LOVE IT (because you WILL love it!) once you've seen a few epis.