Monday, October 13, 2008

Once In A Lifetime

This song has been in the trailer for the "W" movie and I haven't been able to get it out of my head. It was written by David Byrne and Brian Eno based on a preacher that they heard on the radio while driving through New York. The video was choreographed by Toni Basil, of the song "Mickey" fame, and has Byrne acting like a marionette. Basil had Byrne watch footage of epileptic seizures to prepare. The song was named one of the 100 most important American musical works of the 20th century by NPR.



This is my second Talking Heads blog post in a week. The irony is that I can't listen to too much of them in one sitting. They get boring. Not as boring as Pink Floyd, but that's another story.

P.S. - Nilda asked, "Why is the post called 'Once In A Lifetime'? Is that the name of the song?" Good job, Nilda. Good job.

3 comments:

Jen Simon said...

i could listen to 'the wall' from the moment i wake up til the moment i go to sleep on a continuous loop allllllll day long.

Anonymous said...

um, I couldn't see the video in the preview window when I was proofreading your post!

DorothyMantooth said...

I'm totally with you on the Floyd thing, B-Dub.
Sorry, Jen!