Thursday, October 2, 2008

Live Blogging The VP Debate

  • Nilda and I didn't get to watch the first debate until two days later, now we're watching it live. How am I supposed to know what's going on if I don't have a pundit to tell me?
  • Biden coming out connecting the need for the bailout to the failures of the Bush administration was brilliant and is exactly what Obama should have done to McCain.
  • Palin looks terrified. Nilda has paused the debate to explain to me how she can't stand to look at her. Nilda's now mumbling something about soccer moms. May I please listen to the program, now? Thanks!
  • Is it wrong for me to comment on Sarah Palin's tush? Probably...
  • Nilda just told me to calm down in talking about how great Biden is doing, and how well he's focusing the debate on the economy. This coming from the woman who hasn't shut up since the debate started.
  • Nilda wants a co-producer credit for this blog.
  • Here's a great video of a senior AFL-CIO leader stating why racism should play no role in the decision to vote for Obama.
  • Nilda just asked if my post was funny, or long and rambling. So's your face, Nilda. So's your face.
  • Nilda has just ordered me to pay attention to Palin's face and her run on sentences and how "there isn't a period anywhere in what she's saying!"
  • They released the opening scene to the Watchmen movie coming out in March. Check it out.
  • If John McCain wins, then it's truly God's plan. Like the flood.
  • There is a rumor that Palin's son enlisted in Iraq to avoid jail time for vandalizing the brakes on school buses. I could not find any support whatsoever for this, other than this article in the Juneau Empire about vandalized school buses in Anchorage, with no mention of who was accused. If a story this juicy was true, I'd have to believe the press would have already run it.
  • Hey, Sarah, thanks for reminding everyone that Biden has a "passion" for education and that his wife has been a teacher for 30 years! Breathe, Nilda.
  • How are you doing at Palin Bingo?
  • Run! Run! Reform is coming!
  • After Biden made a compelling call for action in Darfur, Palin ducked the question by going back to the vote for the war in Iraq. After Biden clearly set forth how he differed from McCain and the administration on the war and how it was run, you could totally tell she was thinking, "I'm gonna vote for this guy."
  • Biden was definitely a better choice than Hillary. A guy I met at a party said that Biden guaranteed Pennsylvania for Obama. I'm starting to think he was right.
  • You can see Biden having a real role in an Obama administration. Palin will have as much responsibility as the winner of The Apprentice.
  • If I ever smile as much as Sarah Palin has tonight, give me some more of whatever drugs I just took.
  • I don't get the people who say they'll leave the country if McCain is elected. No matter what happens, we'll still be better off then under Bush. Unless, of course, Palin becomes President. Then we're fucked.
  • The pundits seem to think it was a tie. I never realized how far they go to make it appear close, just so there's a story.
  • I'm psyched to see the W movie now, after seeing the trailer for the first time.
  • This was fun! Goodnight, everybody!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I just got rick rolled.

Jen Simon said...

i came soooooo close to winning palin bingo!! all i needed was "heartbeat away" which just the moderator said, not palin :(

Don't Be So Dramatical said...

When I look at Palin I think - how can such a beautiful, well-dressed lady be such an babbling idiot?