Thursday, October 2, 2014

Why I've Stopped Blogging

If you still have this page bookmarked, I owe you an explanation. It used to be fun to blog, and worth the pain in the ass of uploading pictures. But then Charlie started going to sleep later.  I can't be on the computer while he's awake since he'll either demand my attention ("Help me! Help me!") or insist that I play the "robot arms" video again, so he can DANCE. He's not usually in bed until around 9:30, and by then all I want to do is take prescription pain medications watch tv.  Blogging has become a thing that hangs over me, something that I'm not doing, and that's no fun.  I actually did a post at one point a few months ago, but never posted it because it sucked. 

It would be nice for the world to be blessed with my clever to come up with lines.  For example, Charlie's first sentence was, "More ketchup." But I didn't want it to become a series of stories about funny things my adorable son did. It's not just that it's too self-centered, I'd be afraid I'd cross a line and embarrass future Charlie. For example, we got an inflatable kiddie pool and put it in the backyard. (Having a house is awesome).  Charlie would lie on the edge of the pool, naked, pour a cup of water on his penis and say, "This is nice..." Does the world need to know that? Of course not. It would be wrong to post that on a blog.  (Side note: If I could have lunch with any two people who lived at any time in history, it would be my dad and Charlie when we are all 38, so we could meet each other as contemporaries).  

And now we're expecting another baby in December. Oh, did I not mention that?  Nilda's pregnant. (We spent years of shots and prayers to get Charlie, and for the second kid, we took a nap. And, it's another boy.)  So I think it's time to take a break from the blog.  I feel like Trey in 2004, which is a reference only Andrew will get. Maybe I'll get back into it someday or, maybe like all blogs, this one has run its course. In the meantime, here are a few things I've uploaded through the months that I never got around to posting.

Winter sucked. We moved to a house to get out of the cramped apartment, only to find ourselves stuck in a house that you have to shovel your way out of.  They say it takes a full year to adjust to a house, and they're right.  Btw, everyone who told me that I would have to shovel snow must not have known about the nice men who will shovel your driveway for you, and all you have to do is pay them.
We took Charlie to see Sesame Street Live, which meant he got to go on a train AND a taxi.  He was practically catatonic the whole time. Also, Madison Square Garden does not sell alcohol before noon on a Sunday and IT IS AN OUTRAGE!!
Charlie had his first taste of a black & white milkshake from Carvel. He's not sharing.

I have no idea how my parents raised four kids.  Good job, Mommom and Poppop.
I have no idea how we realized this, but Charlie loves the Jeopardy theme song.  
 Charlie mixes up the word "blueberry" with lady parts.
Anything you say to Charlie can and will be used against you.  You need to STOP, Mommy!
Thanks for following along.  Maybe I'll see you soon.  Oh, and the lawn's looking great, thanks for asking.

No comments: