Thursday, August 15, 2013

Almost

We moved all of our stuff out of the apartment on Saturday, August 3, and have been living at Stella's ever since.  The move out of the apartment wasn't too bad. We were able to store all of our stuff in the vacant apartment next door, so I was able to move most things over the week before and had Andrew and Matt over to help with the big things.  They hated when I said thank you, so really, thank you guys, so much. You guys are the best.  Charlie liked it because we placated him with Cheetos. 
We got a bunch of stuff over to Stella's and finally settled in. Things weren't as tight as I thought they would be and I was feeling pretty good about it.  Charlie was happy that he still got to watch The Chica Show.  The thing to realize about this picture is that no one put him under the covers, he realized how awesome that is all by himself.  
Stella's has been good.  Charlie loves her cooking and especially loves eating dinner in front of the tv, Nilda and Stella have even managed not to kill each other and Stella has shown me how having Corona in a glass with ice cubes can make sense. Seriously, Andrew, try it.  And try putting a closed Corona bottle in the freezer and then putting it in a glass.  It's like a beer slushy.  Living here reminds me a lot of when we vacationed in Florida last year. The only thing is that you have to be like MacGuyver to open or close Stella's door, so I've pretty much stayed away from that.  One of the best decisions we made was to bring Charlie's crib and high chair to Stella's, because god forbid this kid not eat or sleep on schedule. 
We also had a long weekend with my family in Philadelphia, where Charlie was introduced to Uncle Forest's pancakes.   Like Lacey says, they're not as good without the chocolate chips. 

Francesca told me this weekend that I was in "the bad words club" because I said a bad word.  I considered explaining that "friggin" was not a bad word, but thought better of it.  Charlie and Serena are getting along great and it's fun watching them play together.  By "playing," I mean Charlie pretty much follows her around.


Stella babysat for us one night this we while we went to look at getting a second car.  She put him to sleep at 7:30 pm, when he normally goes to sleep at 9:00 pm. All was fine until he woke up at 10:15 pm.  And 10:50. And 11:15.  Until finally he went into the living room at 12:15 and lay down on the floor. 

Through all this, we managed to close on the house.  It was still crazy right up until the end.  Without getting into details, let's just say that I left to attend the closing without knowing if it would actually take place.  But all seems well and Nilda did a walkthrough of the house tonight.  She came home saying we had a lot of work to make the house "pretty," which is terrifying to me.  We move into our house tomorrow and, luckily, Stella is coming with us, because Charlie luuuvs his YaYa. 
Making things better is that my parents are coming on Saturday.  Happy birthday, Dad!  I'm looking forward to having you and Mom come in on Saturday.  Mom can clean things we already cleaned and unpack things we don't want her to unpack, while you can point out all the things in the house that I won't understand.  

PS - The best part of all of this is that I don't need to hoard quarters for laundry anymore.

No comments: