Wednesday, June 5, 2013

My Night With Charlie

Nilda was out tonight.  Here's the play-by-play:

1. Arrive home late because of "an earlier incident on the A."  Looking forward to no longer having to take the subway, especially when there's a Yankee game.

2.  Immediately abandon Nilda's plan for a vegetarian pasta dinner.  Order in chicken francese from pizza place instead. 

3.  Give Charlie a pacifier when he falls and cries, even though I'm pretty sure he fell on purpose just to get the pacifier.

4.  Play guitar with Charlie trying to emulate the video of the guy with his son. Realize that the smell of shit is, in fact, coming from my son.  Change diaper.

5.  Eat dinner when it arrives, but unlike plan, do not watch in front of TV.  Talk to Charlie about how great living in a house, the house we're hoping to get, is going to be.  Charlie goes off topic and winds up doing most of the talking.
6.  Take Charlie to bath. See that his diaper may not be dirty.  Hating to waste a clean diaper, I try to see if it is actually wet and, since my hands are already wet, rub it on the only dry spot I can find, which is my face.  Realize that diaper is in fact wet, and that I just rubbed Charlie's dirty diaper on my face. 

7.  Put Charlie into pajamas and, in a highly unorthodox move, take him outside in the stroller with the intent to get a milkshake.  Find myself unable to buy said milkshake because of this book I'm reading talking about how we've all been tricked into being sugar addicts. Walk around the neighborhood with Charlie thinking about how great Inwood is and how I'll miss it.

8.  Try to get a picture (see below) but Charlie is already losing it and not having it. 

9.  Get Charlie home and in bed by bedtime at 8:30, prepare to watch Deadliest Catch.  Don't tell mommy, but a great night.

4 comments:

your wife said...

Well, now you've guaranteed yourself vegetarian pasta dinner tomorrow. :-)

Unknown said...

Aww, loved the story of your evening. But now I have to go buy that damned book.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Boywonderesq said...

Andrew says his thesis was very similar to this book, but who the hell wants to read Andrew's thesis?