Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Gimme A Break

April was telling me the facts of a potential case. It sounded remarkably similar to an episode of Gimme A Break. April says, "What's that?" Putting aside how I remember the plot of an episode of Gimme A Break, how can you not remember Gimme A Break? The show Joey Lawrence was on before Blossom?



Generational lines are drawn with sitcoms. I was too young for Barney Miller, WKRP In Cincinnati, Benson and Alice. I was just in time for Silver Spoons, Family Ties, Perfect Strangers, Mr. Belvedere and Just The Ten Of Us. But I was too old for Family Matters, Sabrina The Teenage Witch and Sister Sister. I barely qualified for Full House. Here's Alf in Spanish.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

According to wiki, Gimmie a break premiered BEFORE I was born. Which is of course, why I have no idea what the show is about. Thanks for the info though - om, jr.

DorothyMantooth said...

You weren't too young for WKRP in syndication! Really, that show was hilarious (as far as I remember). TURKEY DROP!!

Also, what about Head of the Class??

Boywonderesq said...

Ah yes, Head of the Class... I used to think I was a kid watching shows for adults. Then I became an adult and realized these shows are for kids.

Tuck's said...

I'm with DorothyMantooth. Obviously you had to have seen WKRP in syndication.

I'm also a little disappointed you didn't mention Parker Lewis Can't Lose. Or Married With Children.

Boywonderesq said...

That, Tucks, is because I don't count Fox sitcoms. Next thing you know, you have Sledgehammer and Max Headroom, then all choas erupts. And no, I never got into WKRP. I couldn't get past the sleazy dj. Night Court, however, was awesome.

DorothyMantooth said...

JOHNNY FEVER NUMBER ONE!!
(Of course you realize my segue to Head of the Class was because Howard Hesseman became the teacher in the... second? season.)

And Parker Lewis Can't Lose was egregiously short-lived! Tuck's (Medicated Pads?) is so smart. (S-M-R-T)

Also? Max Headroom and Sledge Hammer! (You can't forget the ! -- just like Airplane!.) Were faaaaaaabulous!

(Also also? Big duh! on Night Court being awesome. DUH!)