Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Random Boring Shit

  • Hanukkah is not a religious holiday. It celebrates a revolt by a bunch of fanatics who turned out to be totalitarian zealots that ultimately could not hold onto power. Read David Brooks' column.
  • Irene has me terrified about my "its" and "it's." "Its" really annoying.
  • I read about a professor in Tel Aviv who is writing that the early Jews were not monotheistic. Moses said that there shall be no other gods before God, not that the other gods didn't exist. Now you know. You're welcome.
  • I never would have thought that people would be so interested in Tiger Woods' affair. It seems that people projected so much of what they believed in hard work and talent on him that they feel let down. He was an icon, kind of like Bruce Springsteen, who turned out to be more human than anyone wanted him to be.
  • I liked Obama on 60 Minutes. I trust that whatever he's doing, mistakes included, is exactly what I would be doing, and I like that. I'm still in the cult.
  • Nilda and I are watching Dwarf Adoption. I have no idea why.
  • Electric Box is a terribly addicting, but amazing iphone game. Curse you, Cousin Bill!
  • Finally, I won the football pool. This, of course, is because I am AWESOME.
  • Go Iggles.

2 comments:

TheMediaDude said...

You won the pool?!? Damn! How the hell did that happen? Drinks on you.

Cousin Bill said...

The worst part about Electric Box is after you finish Level 50 and there's no more. Then, you start needing the fix...